The KNETWORKS project will create a strong knowledge sharing and dissemination Network in the Atlantic Area to promote the exchange of Good Practices and implementation strategies for building and exploiting a 21st Century Knowledge and Information Society. The creation of a Knowledge-based Society (KIS) is a complex, multi-dimensional set of activities, which involve the joint effort of many stakeholders, including companies, universities and governments. Furthermore, the implementation of the Knowledge and Information Society should be closely linked to the development of skills in conjunction with improving the quality of life of citizens.
The project's focus will be the creation of a permanent network of excellence, based on Information Technologies (IT’s), by using an Internet-accessible concerted platform, that will enable all of the participating entities to collaborate, share and profit from a range of bottom-up innovations. This will be achieved by relying on real time promotion of the project’s development activities, shared use of the project’s platform, and by actively disseminating the products resulting from each stage of this initiative.
The project will study the conditions and requirements for the creation, in the short time, of the European Knowledge Centre (EKC) in the Atlantic Area.
The KNETWORKS project main goals are:
- To create a permanent analysis group of the projects which represent the Good Practices of the Information Society in the life of organizations, namely States, Companies, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Atlantic Area Universities.
- To make available Good Practices tools and mechanisms for the development of the KIS in the Atlantic Area.
- Creation of a sustainable Network for the sharing and dissemination of knowledge in the Atlantic Area based on Information Technologies.
- The project will study the conditions and requirements for the creation, in the short time, of the EKC in the Atlantic Area.
- To broaden the use of the Network of knowledge as a platform to other Regions and entities.
- To encourage cooperation between Regions in the Atlantic Area.
- To strengthen the name of the Atlantic Area in the improvement and increase of the KIS development, whether in the European context or in the international one.
- To encourage and promote good practices exchange in the implementation of strategies concerning the KIS.
- To spread the knowledge resulting from the Good Practices of the KIS.
- To increase cooperation with other organizations which promote knowledge creation and dissemination.